Monday 7 January 2019

Just because YOU choose to use reversals...

... Doesn't mean we all should.

I've only just gotten around to reading the December edition of the American Tarot Association's "Reflections" e-zine.

One of the articles... ahem, let's just say it rubbed me the wrong way - "More Reasons to Graduate to Reversals in Your Tarot Interpretations.

Graduate? Excuse me?!


I had to comment.

And then I thought it might be worth a post here -
I resent the use of the word "graduate". I've been reading tarot quite successfully without reversals for over 40 years. I have an honorary degree. 😉 My style is cartomantic. Unless I'm using a spread with fixed positions (something I rarely do), I read by placement, proximity, facings, symbolism, etc. All the nuances of any given card, upright or reversed, are available to people who "read cards". If you want to use reversals, be my guest. But do not suggest that I'm lagging behind in any way.
I've got nothing against people using reversals if that's how they roll. Do what works for you. But please don't make out that your tarot is somehow better or more advanced as a result. Just read your damn cards and mind your own business.

Thoughts? (if you dare, LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment