Monday 22 April 2019

Link: Wandering Oracle - How to Read Cards

How to Read Cards - blog post by Jorge Cuaik of Wandering Oracle

Little White Blur (J Cuaik)
"In general I don’t support the LWB culture, as I’m not a follower of the Esoteric Tarot lore which is reproduced in most of these tiny texts (and most Tarot books for that matter). In fact I think it’s a trap. You start with a Celtic cross and some “meanings” then move on to the Kabbalah, Golden Dawn, Alchemy, Theosophy, etc. to try to make sense of it.
While your cards sit in the drawer and my grandmother reads coffee muck." [emphasis theirs]

THIS! OMG, this!

I started out 40 years ago with a RWS and any book I could find at the library. Uff, "Esoteric Tarot" nearly killed the whole thing for me.

It wasn't until I learned cartomancy that I realised I'd been brainwashed. Now me and Tarot get on just fine, thank you, and most of the stuff I choose to read I consider to be, as Jorge says, "for entertainment purposes only".

No comments:

Post a Comment