Tuesday 19 March 2019

Vincent Pitisci - "How to use the three card Tarot spread"

Despite a 3-card spread being my "go to" for quick tarot readings (or perhaps because of it), it's always bugged me that
a) the general consensus seems to be that any 3-card reading IS "Past, Present, Future", and
b) it gets used that way regardless of the question being asked.

Because of this, I've always regarded "Past, Present, Future" (PPF) as unimaginative and pointless, and I never use it.

Enter Vincent Pitisci and his latest video, "How to use the three card Tarot spread".


Now I rate VP, so if he has something to say about it, I'm going to listen.

While he suggests a few different sets of meanings for the three positions, he tackles PPF in depth. And his take on each position is a revelation - an approach far more practical than I'd ever considered.
"A lot of people look at the past, present and future and they're thinking, 'Well this is just the past and I don't care about that; this is the present, I don't care about that; I want to know what's going to happen here'."
Guilty as charged. ✋

Instead -
"... When we look at the Past, we're not just looking at what happened in the past [emphasis mine]. We can put a card in the Past position to give us ideas on what we've gained as far as experience or something else in the past that will help us with this situation. What has happened in the past that will help us as we move forward with what we're trying to accomplish? We're looking back at the past in relation to this question in some way that it will help us."
Same with Present and Future, but I'll leave you to explore the video yourself for those.

You're still going to wind me up if you use PPF for every question. 😉 But I can see now how it could be useful for some questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment