Friday 4 October 2019

Reading for myself

I'm currently looking for a "day job" 😉, so every day I check the local vacancies online.

Today there was a temporary position for a credit controller. It looked like the sort of thing I could do. Okay, the blurb suggested it would be quite busy, but it was only temporary. If it was too much, I’d be walking away in 4 weeks, and if it was manageable and I got on all right, it might turn into something permanent. 

I was thisclose to hitting the “Submit application” button when I felt the need to just run the decision past my cards. Now, I’m not in the habit of doing this. I’m pretty headstrong – if I want to do something, I do it. The fact that I wanted reassurance was unusual. 

I did my usual trick of turning one card for a quick answer - 7 of Cups. Oh? Illusion, too many choices. Not what I was expecting, or hoping for. Better do a proper reading –


First card up – Knight of Swords. My initial take on that was "Go for it!". Yesss!

9 of Sword – ah. Regret…

7 of Coins – patience. 

Okay, now what? “Do it, or you’ll regret waiting”? Or “Act in haste, repent at leisure”?

Help, please, Bottom Card. 4 of Cups – like the 7 of Coins, another card of waiting, and, with the 7 of Cups, suggesting a need for careful consideration. 

I was pretty bummed by this point. Surely I wasn’t being told not to apply for this job? Jobs are few and far between in this area. But I looked at the cards and, really, there was nothing encouraging here. The Knight of Swords is prone to making rash decisions. I could have gotten so many far more positive cards. If that first card had been the Chariot or the Sun, or even the 6 of Wands or 8 of Coins…

But it wasn’t. So I didn’t.

If I don’t trust my cards, how can I expect other people to trust my cards?

I was feeling quite rattled by now, though. Did I do the right thing?... 


10 of Coins. This card immediately felt positive and reassuring - a totally different vibe to that of the other cards. Yeah, I’m going to be all right. 

2 comments:

  1. Good luck for your job search 🍀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. 🙏 It's been slow going so far, but I got lucky 13 years ago (22 hrs, Tu-Fr, 4-min walk from home) and I'm hopeful I'll get lucky again. At some point. 😏

      Delete