Sunday 29 September 2019

Random Reading - #56

If you've seen my recent video on the top 5 decks I can't live without, then you'll know I mentioned that I've been using only the trumps and aces from one particular "runner-up" deck. A little while ago, I spotted a deck on eBay that was exactly that – just trumps and aces. So naturally, I bought it. 😊


Interestingly, I'm not getting The story from these cards; just a generic interpretation. Maybe we're just not on the same wavelength yet, but I do feel the crappy artwork is partly to blame. 🙄

Could be someone going into labour sooner than anticipated. Could be a season of growth ahead. Could be feeling the need to step back and let someone else take the wheel for a while. Could be time for a woman to move to another place…

If I add up the numbers of the cards, firstly, I see that the 2nd and 3rd cards add up to the 1st card. Make of that what you will. And adding them all together comes to 2 - the High Priestess, the card of secrets. Maybe I'm not supposed to know this week. 😉

I'll tell you what, though – I went looking for the first ace in the deck ('gissa clue) and it was three cards down. Those three cards have made me more confident that my first idea, labour, is The one. Assistance may be required.


This deck was published by the West Yorkshire Printing Company Ltd (when?) for "The Psychic Friends Network" of Lancashire, later known as Psychic Companions. The deck came to me with no box and no "identifying marks", so what little I know about it came for The World of Playing Cards website. I get the impression that this PFN is not connected to the American PFN of Dionne Warwick fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment