Sunday 3 May 2020

Random Reading - #76

So far this Lockdown, I've been really good. I've bought just one tarot and one oracle. The fact that I haven't worked for over a year and hubby can't do his pin money job (or petrol money job, as he puts it) right now, has a lot to do with that, to be fair. 😏

But the Perrin Tarot (Tarocchi Perrin) is so  p r e t t y . Printed circa 1880 by C. Perrin, Torino, Italy, the artwork is very similar in style to La Vera Sibilla of roughly the same period. I really wanted this deck, so about two weeks ago I Googled around until I located the cheapest copy I could find - an Alberto Peruzzo reproduction from a seller on Amazon Italia. Things being as they are at the moment, I wasn't expecting to receive it until almost the end of the month, but it showed up this week!

So without further waffle ado…


Sun – 5 of Cups – Strength reversed – King of Coins – 6 of Cups

Firstly, I don't, as a rule, read reversals, but La Forza fell out onto my desk and ever so slowly spun itself around, so I knew I had to leave it that way. Secondly, I usually only pull three cards with tarot, but I knew (again) that I needed to pull five today.

⁛ Starting with the middle card (Strength rx), especially as it insisted on being reversed, we see a lack of agency. You have little or no control over a situation. What situation? One that is undermining your sense of well-being and happiness (5 of Cups + Sun). What to do? Don't allow yourself to become mean and unfeeling as a result; try to maintain harmonious relations with others (King of Coins + 6 of Cups). ⁛

Bottom card of the deck – High Priestess: Here's your opportunity to come up with a completely new approach.

< < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < ◇ > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

If you zoom in on the photograph, you'll see that the printing of this deck is badly out of alignment on some of the cards, notably Il Sole. That, unfortunately, is how they were originally manufactured, and this printing, unfortunately, is a faithful reproduction. 😉  But if you "soft focus" on them, they are nevertheless very pretty cards. 💗

No comments:

Post a Comment