Friday 21 September 2018

Free Reading - for Clare 21Sep18

Last week's Friday Freebie winner hasn't gotten back to me with her question yet, unfortunately. So, in order to move things along, I'm going to wing it. 😉

I'm using Cheryl Ann Gardiner's "Spiritually Guided Tarot Spread"*. I like this one for general readings, i.e. those without a specific question, because you can blame Spirit if it doesn't make any sense. 😇

So Clare, if you're reading this, this one's for you -


Firstly, I'd just like to say WOW! You could have ended up with as few as four cards, but you got eight and half of them are Majors. I asked Spirit to be nice as you'd never had a reading before, and they really pushed the boat out.

The first column tells me that there are some competing energies in your life at the moment that you're possibly finding it frustrating to deal with, but you will just have to take a deep breath and let things work themselves out at their own pace.

I feel the next two columns relate to each other, especially as they're both a Major + a Coin. It strikes me that you have a deep sense of what it will take to make you feel established and content. You've reached a point where you can take what you've learned and achieve something you can be proud of. I get the word "accomplishment".

It's my habit not to turn the bottom card, in this case the Queen of Cups, until I've finished the rest of the reading. She is sensitive, intuitive (like the High Priestess) and has a strong talent for self-expression - art, music, dance, drama, creativity generally. She is someone who is, or certainly can be, "accomplished".

< < < < < ¤ > > > > >

Clare, I sincerely hope what I saw in these cards has meaning for you. I confess I'm not a fan of general readings. If you do have a question, or if this reading has generated lots of questions, LOL, please drop me a line and I'll sort you out.


*Rather than pull cards 1, 2 and 3 and then pull any extra cards, I prefer to pull them immediately after the trump/court/ace, before moving to the next position, as these are the cards that were "in attendance" with the first card.

Rider Waite Smith - Rider & Co.

10 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this. Even though it wasn't for me I actually got something out of it especially in the first column.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Andrew. I suppose there's a message for all of us in "Just breathe".

      Delete
  2. Thank you, I think you did a great job despite not being a fan of general readings. LOL

    I don't do general readings but want to learn how to do them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. 😊 There's a woman in the free reading group who handles them really well. I've been following her readings for pointers, LOL! But I've pretty much decided that if/when I offer paid readings I won't do generals. I don't like the idea of someone paying for something so potentially imprecise.

      Delete
    2. Your readings for the week are like mini general readings. I want to learn how to do that kind of general reading.

      Delete
    3. Yes, I suppose they are. I think one reason I'm more comfortable with this type of general reading is that it has a framework. I have a Tarot card to set the "energetic" theme which I can then elaborate on with the more "functional" playing cards. I suspect I grew dissatisfied with using the colour cards for weeklies less out of boredom than because they didn't provide me with a solid enough foundation on which to build a reading.

      Another reason this format works for me is that I do each reading with the clear intention that it is *meant* for someone. So I can be confident that whatever I sense about the cards will be relevant for that one "someone".

      And of course, if anyone comments that the reading didn't relate to their week I can simply argue that it wasn't meant for them, LOL!

      Delete
  3. That's a great way to look at it.

    I don't read Tarot so I've adapted by adding the pips and using that number as a guide for the over all energy of the line. I'm practicing ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "... using that number as a guide for the over all energy..."
      In a numerology fashion? (i.e. 1 = inspiration, 9 = completion, etc) Or...?

      Delete
    2. Actually, I spent a great deal of time last night (when I should have been sleeping) thinking about why I find general readings so objectionable when I'm reasonably happy to post these weekly reads. I've come to at least one conclusion that may make its way into a blog post at some point.

      And I'm thinking I may want to rename my weekly posts, and include a statement about their intent.

      Thank you, Mary, for "forcing" me to think about these things. 😏

      Delete
    3. Yes, just like your example :) Until I come up with a better idea, it'll have to do.

      You're welcome. I look forward to reading about your conclusion :D LOL

      Delete