Sunday 20 January 2019

Random Reading - #31

New deck time again. You can safely expect this to happen with some regularity. 😏

"G Bris Wahrsagekarten"* has 32 cards like most German wahrsagekarten/ fortune telling cards. This one appears to have four "focus" or main significator cards (the deck came with an "intro" but no information about the cards themselves). I shuffled them in, intending to turn the cards one-by-one until I came to the first focus card and then take it and the next three cards for the reading.


Oh dear.

Hiobsbotschaft popped out while I was shuffling and I thought "Hmm", stuck it back in and kept shuffling. I didn't even get to "turn cards". It was the very first card.

Bad news - Court, Police

Expect trouble from official sources. Accusations that will cause difficulties. You may need to contact a solicitor/lawyer.

Bottom card - This could be related to a rental property.


The only reference I can find to a "G Bri" is as one of the stage names of Italian singer/television presenter/journalist Giovanna "Vanna" Brosio. I can't find a connection between her and fortune telling. This deck appears to be a promotional pack for Allianz, a German insurance company.

UPDATE - My friend Dmitry, who is also fortunate enough to have a copy of this deck, informed me that "G Bri" was, in fact, a famous German artist. With that confirmed, I set about searching again but still couldn't get any hits. Then I thought perhaps he's not so famous outside of Germany, so I  tried using German search terms. Adding Künstler (artist) produced a couple of bibliographical references in books dealing with graphic art. Ah ha! Graphic artist = "Grafiker". This netted a German Wikipedia page for graphic artist and caricaturist Gerhard Brinkmann, popularly known as G Bri.

I can sleep peacefully now. Apart from the vague feeling that I've come across that name recently, in connection with something completely different. Sigh.


"PS.: Gut versichert ist jede Zunkunft sicherer. 
Darum: ...hoffentlich Allianz versichert"

PS.: Well insured, every future is more secure. 
Therefore: ...hopefully Allianz insured

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this reading. These cards are interesting.

    I know you've mentioned it before but I don't remember and couldn't find it in the blog ... what does the bottom card signify, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my dear! For me, the bottom card functions as a kind of "afterword". It may act as a confirmation of my interpretation or highlight something I've missed, add an additional piece of information (as in this case), suggest a next step, give an indication of how things will turn out, and so on. I know that's a lot of possibilities, and how does one decide which one it is? It's really just an intuitive or gut reaction. I'm holding certain thoughts/feelings about the reading I've just done and when I turn the card over it just seems to click.

      Delete