Saturday 25 August 2018

New and Improved. Well, New.

I'm going to be trying a new format for my weekly readings.

I'm bored with the Colour Focus readings. I need a change. Apologies to anyone who considers them the highlight of their week. 😏 I can always post one for you sometime if you ask.


The new spread will consist of one tarot major* and three playing cards. The major (I want to call it a trump but that word has been sullied) will show the overall theme or advice and the playing cards will give us the details. Actually, I was doing something similar to this on Instagram last year.
(*22 Oct 18 - I'm just re-reading this and realising that I'd completely forgotten that I was only going to use majors. Luckily, my cards have a better memory than I do. Out of the 8 readings to date, only one of them wasn't a major. Gotta love it.) 

I anticipate these readings will be more predictive than the Colour Focus ones, which looked at the general energies influencing the coming week.

This does mean that fewer people are likely to relate to the readings, which is unfortunate. On the other hand, it does make a "hit" all the more meaningful. And it makes the whole process a bit more meaningful for me.

I do hope you'll get something out of them, even if it's just an insight into how I go about reading cards.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forwards to the change in direction. I love this idea. I attempted this type of spread once but related it back to how I could embrace the major into my life. This approach is way better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrew. I don't think it's "way better". You do what you do very well. (How's that blog coming along, btw? 😉) It's just that I tend towards the predictive end of the card reader spectrum, so "personal growth" readings, unless they're specifically for someone, don't really suit my style.

      I think the free readings I've been doing (Yes! I have done a few. Yay!) have prompted this urge to move away for oracle readings and concentrate on tarot/playing cards.

      Delete