Sunday 10 May 2020

Random Reading - #77

It saddens me sometimes that I haven't been able to find anyone who uses the same playing card meanings as my grandmother. Various "German" lists share some similarities, but not enough to be considered siblings. I'd love to know where Oma got her meanings from, but at the time, I was too young and foolish to think to ask.

One day last year, I spotted a listing on eBay for Diane Ahlquist's Full Moon Oracle Cards* – essentially, a set of 32 playing cards. Hello?! She'd added pictures of a few of the cards and I noticed some familiar associations. Basket! 🛒

When it arrived, I went through it card by card and found that 22 of the 32 shared at least some aspect of the meanings I had for the same cards. Considering the best prior to that was 18 with Birgit Kraheck-Liecker's meanings (from her now defunct website - here's an Internet Archive link), I was delighted!

Soooo, Ahlquist… Did Oma get her meanings from a Scandinavian source, perhaps? I really must do some investigating along those lines. But I've rambled enough – on to this week's reading.


⁛ This is for a someone who identifies as female. There will be a change that will result in some unexpected good news for you regarding your finances and/or employment. The change involves something coming to an end (A♠ is the only card read reversed in Diane's system; none in mine). Someone you would associate with the K** (Diane - “An older man with gray hair, or a middle-aged man with a light complexion and blue or green eyes”) may have changed their mind about it. As the 10♣ refers to journeys, it could be that you will be able to return to work very soon (an issue for many at the moment), or at least start to make some progress again. ⁛

< < < < < < < < < < < < < < < < ◇ > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

*Sadly, the deck is not available at the moment. This is Diane's eBay page: swfloridagirl941, if you're interested and would like to check back later.
UPDATE 26 May 2020 - She's back! Full Moon Oracle Cards by Diane Ahlquist 

**You may make a different association with the K based on your connection with the card. For me, for instance, he's not necessarily "old", but is dynamic and charismatic, and often physically attractive. And the use of the pronoun "he" is not prescriptive.

1 comment:

  1. interesting to look at diverent traditions on organizing the memory palace of cards ;)

    ReplyDelete