Thursday 15 December 2022

But How?

My previous post, Why I Read For Other People, was prompted by a ‘chat group’ conversation among fellow card readers. It made me stop to consider how I actually operate as a reader. And out of that grew the post.

That post then prompted someone to ask me how I knew when I was supposed to read for someone.

In my attempt to answer that question fully and coherently it basically became a whole ‘nother post in its own right. 😏

“May I ask how this was, and continues to be, revealed to you?”

“Revealed” is too strong a word for the process. It’s nothing as mystical or powerful as that.

My upbringing and my personality made the idea of being able to communicate with spirit an obvious possibility. I just embraced that possibility. 🙂

Basically, we “talk". I don’t get audible words back (except very, very rarely) but more a kind of immediate “awareness”. 

For context, I should explain that I no longer do paid readings. I hang out in various free reading groups, mainly on Facebook, and occasionally people will contact me directly as well.

Here’s an example, from just the other day, of how I “knew" when to read for someone. It’s a somewhat atypical example, but it gives a sense of how it feels for me.

I’m scrolling through one of those free reading groups. I look at each post... nope, no connection, scroll on.

Nope, 
scroll, 
nope, 
scroll, 
nope, 
scroll,
.
.
.

Then I get to one that I have no more personal interest in than all the others I’ve just scrolled past. But as soon as I lay eyes on it I know the answer to their question is Yes. 

Ah. 

I guess I’d better tell them. 

Because I’ve already been told it’s Yes there’s no need for an actual reading this time, so I pull one card just to confirm and support the answer and I tell them what I get about their situation. End of.

It’s a bit like that. Generally, I just get a “spirit nudge” when I’m supposed to read for someone. Nothing, nothing, nothing, 'That one'.

The vast majority of the time I haven't got a clue ahead of time what the answer is going to be. I’m not a capital “P” Psychic. I just somehow know that I’m meant to pass on a message to this particular person. That’s where the reading comes in. Spirit then gives me that message through the language of the cards.

Those people who contact me directly are a bit more problematic. In those cases, unless there’s some clear reason not to read for them (like they’re rude, you’d be surprised how often, or it’s obviously a dodgy account) I just trust that they were “sent”.

Why did spirit direct me to this person and not that one? I don’t know. Ask them

Actually, until I typed this just now I’d honestly never given it a thought. I guess I’ve always figured it was none of my business.


8 comments:

  1. Thank you! I get it! 😊
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how grand your revelations are, you can clearly see the spiritual whatevers doing whatever to get the point across.
    ;)
    And an atypical example it is indeed -
    Direct induction.
    Thank god(or whatever) you pulled a card for confirmation - because, cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because cards *exactly*! 🙂 I am a card reader not a psychic.

      "The spiritual whatevers doing whatever."
      Yes, that's *so* what it's like. ❤ It can't be pinned down in any more 'concrete' terms.

      Delete
  3. I often get that "scroll ... nope ... scroll ... nope ... scoll ... this one" thing. It never occurred to me that there was something behind it. Whoa, this was an eye opener. Thank you, Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hardwired to perceive it that way but, yeah, it's something to think about. You're welcome. 🙂

      Delete
  4. Hi Judy
    Your latest two posts did something, as such, this is now up:
    https://seasonstune.blogspot.com/2022/12/appendix.html
    As always, do delete the link if content unwanted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read and reacted. And the link is more than welcome to stay.

      Delete