Wednesday 4 September 2024

Significators!

I did my first reading for someone else today since [checks notes...] November of last year! It flowed. Nice to know we (Spirit Team and me) haven’t lost our touch. 😁

It felt great to have a reason to read again, but I’m going to continue to keep a low profile. I prefer to scroll through sites* that offer free readings and be drawn to particular requests. 

Today’s experience did remind me, though, of something I’d like to share -

It reconfirmed the value of a change I’ve made to my reading process over the past year or so. I now select a card as a significator for the focus of the reading, be that a person or an area of enquiry. The card serves as a magickal proxy, much like a poppet, and helps to draw in the energy of situation. 

For years I balked at the idea of taking a card “out of play” to serve as a significator. Plus I didn’t really see the point. Now I appreciate the ‘sympathetic magick’ aspect and I’m finding it does make a difference. Besides, for cards meant to represent a person, I usually take one from another deck, most often my playing cards, so there’s no loss from the reading deck anyway.

If you don’t do this already, try it and see if it does anything for you.


*Not Facebook anymore. I haven’t deleted my account (yet); I’ve simply stopped participating in social media generally. (That’s another thing I can recommend.)

4 comments:

  1. Taking a card "out of play" has deterred me from using significator cards since forever. It feels like I could be missing out on something if it's not in the deck. I like your idea of using a card from a different deck, though.
    Lately, I have gone back to my playing cards for readings. There's nothing like your first love, as they say. I could totally use some other deck for significators. I'll give it a try.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s the nice thing about Grands Tableaux. ALL the significators are in play and where they’re meant to be. 😊

      Delete